Wedding Planning for Brides-To-be: Your Ultimate Preparation Checklist
Have your wedding coming up? Do you feel the anxiety kicking in and the preparations getting on your nerves? Are you confused about where to start preparing?
Fret not; we have done the homework for you.
Here’s your month-wise wedding planning checklist starting from as far away as a year. Read on!
You still have a lot of time to relax, plan, and act. The most important tip for you at this stage is: ‘Don’t rush!’
- Choose at least 3 tentative wedding dates
- Allocate budget and write down who is doing contributing to which task (both financially and physically)
- Decide on a wedding theme
- Look up for wedding party arrangements that you like
- Create a document where you can note down everything related to wedding planning, expenses, and updates
- Get insurance for your engagement ring and consider buying wedding insurance if possible
- Explore the latest wedding reception and ceremony trends
- Start looking for wedding planners instead of separately choosing photographers, caterers, décor pros, etc.
- Start making the guest list
- Surf the internet for wedding dresses, cakes, and other things you deem important
Gear up the preps and join hands with your event planners to:
- Finalize your wedding dress by going through all the samples that you have shortlisted
- Finalize reception and ceremony theme and style
- Order wedding invites
- Reserve the venue
- Hire photographers, caterers, florists, etc.
- Mail your ‘Save the Date’ cards
- Prepare a fitness routine and skincare routine and begin following them
- Book a hotels for faraway guests
- Review the guest list and make additions if needed (Send more ‘Save the Date’ cards if there are any additions)
- Start planning your honeymoon if you are intending to go on it
- Look for bridal hair styles and makeovers
- Choose a beauty salon for the big day and another for pre-wedding services
- Finalize the cake and book it
- Ensure that your event planners have reserved everything that is to be acquired on a rental basis including decorative elements, lighting, seating setup etc.
- Tally your bridal dress with your husband-to-be’s attire and help him choose the best
- Look after the transportation arrangements to and from the venue for the couple as well as their families
Finalize everything that is yet to be finalized and discuss everything that has already been booked to ensure there are no changes and everything is according to your preferences.
- Mail your wedding invites
- Start writing vows
- Layout the timeline for the event
- Communicate to the musicians any songs or particular rhythm that you’d like to have played at the time of your entry
- Reconfirm your booking with the spa and beauty salon that you have booked
- Write down your honeymoon itinerary
Get done with everything as the last month before your wedding starts and relax the entire month.
Let the party begin!
Need help finalizing everything that has been mentioned on the checklist? Hire the experts at I do Weddings and leave the rest to them.