Because marriage is a gift from God!
Marriage is a gift from God – created by Him, for our benefit.
- The first chapter of the first book of the Bible – Genesis, chapter 1 – says that God created us, in his image, male and female. Yea!
- The second chapter says that God did not want the man (Adam) to be alone. So he created woman (Eve.) Then he created marriage (so God was the first wedding officiant!) Alright!
- God created sex! After their marriage, Adam and Eve were “naked but not ashamed”. In fact, in marriage, God is pro-sex! Makes sense, since He created it.
Because marriage is the (second) best thing to happen to Rev. Phil!
After knowing Jesus, Pam is the greatest gift in Rev. Phil’s life.
- They have been married for 32 years.
- She is the one he wants to share about his day with, the one he wants to travel with, his wine buddy, the person whose company he enjoys the most.
- She makes his life possible — and worthwhile.
- He has told her, more than once, he wants to die (and be with Jesus) before she does. He can’t imagine life without her.